Saturday, November 23, 2013

Momma's Cookin'

You always hear people talk about their Momma's cookin'. They love it, there's nothing like it, and they miss it when it's not there every day. I remember wanting my mom's spaghetti all the time after I left home. That's the way I make my spaghetti now. When you think of Momma's cookin', you think of fondness. Well, not my kid.

Bella Dozer had her first vegetable. Now let me tell you I've been EAGERLY awaiting this day. I was truly excited to make her baby food. Hibdon always jokes that he married me for my cooking. So, naturally I was excited to give my baby the same happiness. Yeah, not exactly how it happened.

I purchased this awesome baby food processor by cusineart. (Highly recommend, A+++. It's easy and works great.) I made a full batch of carrots, thinking she will love carrots. They are a sweeter veggie. My mommy dreams were crushed. She literally acted like she was gagging. She left the carrots on the tip of her tongue, hack and gagged. Slightly on the dramatic side. We tried for quite some time to get the down. Didn't work so well. We've tried them 4 days now. She's getting to be okay with them. That's it though. Not excited. Some people are hard to please. 

I'm not going to let it drive me too crazy because what really does this kid know about food? She's only had milk. Yeah, that's right. I can still be the Pioneer Woman of the Hibdon house. Right? Please say yes. I'm a mom this really is about all I have. 

1 comment:

  1. This may be the funniest thing I have ever seen. I know you worked so hard and I'm sorry she didn't like the carrots, but good gracious this picture made my day!

    ReplyDelete