Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 33 Sucked

Nine times out of ten, I'm a very positive person. I'm really thankful & typically see the glass half full. So when I say week 33 sucked, you can understand it sucked.

I started out the week with food poisoning. Yeah that was awesome. 24 hours of not wanting to even drink water. Then once I was over that I got a HORRIBLE sinus infection. Apparently your sinus infections can settle in various sinal (is that a word?) cavities. Mine decided to settle in my jaw, causing extreme pain. I'm not really a crier. I sometimes cry at sad things, but more likely out of anger & exhaustion. I could not tell you the last time I actually cried out of pain. Well it happened this week. It was just awful. Finally I got the right meds & kind of feel better. You can throw in the mad dash to stage my house for a showing & almost passing out on Hon & Nana-great. After that, I'm kind of like a normal person.

Now that I sound like a big whiny baby I will tell you the epiphany I had during this time. The first night I was super sick Hibdon was the best ever. Waited on my hand & foot, prayed for me to feel better & just held me when I had taken my max in Tylenol without getting relief. My momma was my rock the entire day Friday. She taxied me around to the various doctors & pharmacy twice. She stayed at my house while I slept, until Hibdon got home. Just in case I woke up. My daddy had a few hours of care taking for me in which he sat by my side alternating a cold rag & heating pad, while looking up what's safe for a pregnant woman to take.

I finally got some sleep & then bright & early we get a text someone wants to look at our house.. I've been sick for a week. It's so not ready. Hon & Nana-great came as fast as they could. We cleaned & staged, I almost passed out, they nursed me back & finished the house.

Today I'm feeling a little better & able to rest because of the village that is still raising me. My epiphany was that we will NEVER move away. I can't be away from this village. Not when they are so so so so good to us. I can't imagine how wonderful they will be to AnnaBella. I for one, will not be rolling the dice on that one. Staying close to our village!

No comments:

Post a Comment