Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'll Love You Forever


Dear Bells,

I can think of all the things that have stretched our limits in parenting these past few weeks. There's the times you woke up every two hours, in a not so pleasant mood, to nurse. There's the week that we determined you had witching hours, you were a real "witch" between 5pm-8pm. There's the times you have projectile pooed all over Daddy, the carpet & everything around. There have been many of nights that you are completely asleep, but Momma & Daddy can't sleep because you are grunting so loud. Lastly, there's the time Daddy slept in the floor of your nursery while you slept as you swung. 

I tell you all of this for a few reasons.
1) it's a little comical. I'm sure most is due to us being new parents, but we still look like we are in the funnies.
2) Someday when you are an extra bratty teenager (Oh Lord help me) I will remind you of how ornery you were as an infant. 
3) no matter how you stretch it, my limits will never be reached with you.

I think about your moments that wore me out, I get a little sad knowing that someday those moments can't be fixed by the simple things. Rocking, walking, singing, diaper change, lamby the paci, or even feeding won't work forever. I could hold you in a tight snuggle & smell your pretty little baby smell forever. When you sleep, I stare. When you smile, I melt.  When you jabber, I talk back. Every new or improved function is broadcaster to anyone who will listen. 

Since I told many stories that don't shed the best light on you as a baby, Ill share a good one.

As we are doing our bedtime routine & I'm reading,

 I'll Love You Forever. I begin the best part of the book. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you always, As long as I'm living my baby you will be". As I read this line I thought you would be sleeping. I look down & you are looking up at me with the biggest smile. I was ready to buy you a pony & a princess castle right then.

You are my world little girl. Those words could never be more true. I will love you forever, the unconditional, over the moon kind. I will like you always, no tantrum, witching hour, or sleepless night will change that. I promise you as long as I am living you will be my baby.



1 comment:

  1. I. Love. This. So perfect. You are a lucky, lucky mama!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete