Monday, August 12, 2013

Just roll with it.

There comes a point when you realize how much you are a parent. How you have become the person that only talks about their kid. Especially with all the picture showing and raving about milestones. I always figured I would be that person, but in my mind I would be cognizant enough to know the appropriate party for my baby blabber.

Well this Saturday was a doozie of a milestone and Hibdon's bachelorest of all bachelor friends was there to witness my crazy mothering enthusiasm. Walker comes in town about once a month, he's a gypsy soul that likes to work on the road. Not only has Walker never had a serious woman in his life, he's spent most of his life as an only child with little babies. He is as far removed from parenthood as one could be. 

So as Walker and I are chatting and ABJ is loving some tummy time we notice her starting to get her wieght working in one direction. All of the sudden we realize she is trying to roll over. Before we know it, she did!!!! She totally looked like a Rollie pollie as she rocked her chubby body back and forth. Of course we cheered her on I celebrated like crazy when she made the move. It was so exciting!! 

Now I'll give it to Walker, he cheered on by yelling "Kick, Kick!" He didn't understand my need to video it and send it to everyone, but he did his best to be excited. Hibdon and I however were those crazy parent freaks. We blew up family and friends phones with our exciting news. I told my coworkers this morning. I'm one of THOSE people, but she's so darn cute I really don't care.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! YAY for ABJ!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo for AnnaBella! That is so exciting and I know Walker was great encouragement for her! :)

    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete