Saturday, August 3, 2013

Working Girl

Hi Sweetie Pie,

I went back to work this week. It's was fun and awful. I enjoy my job very much, but missed you every minute. Unfortantely, I don't think I will ever be happy now. I love my job, coworkers & the company. I'm truly happy to be there.  However, I miss you, all day-every day. I am surrounded by your pictures and stop to stare at your chubby little cheeks. I hope that someday you know how hard it is on Momma to not be there, right beside you every single day. It's so hard. I also hope you understand a few things about my personal decision. 

1) Honestly, we could afford for me to stay home. It would be tight and there could be things that the whole family misses out on. BUT I don't believe we work for things, objects or a lifestyle. I believe we work for something more internal. I pray you understand that two salaries don't  buy happiness. 

2) I'm in my third job post graduation. I was pretty unhappy with my first two. I am in love with this job. I felt so blessed to start this job, work with great people & have an amazing boss. Turning this away feels wrong to me. I pray you are blessed enough to love your career,but have enough obstacles to keep you humble.

3) This is a personal choice. Daddy isn't making me go. Daddy isn't begging for me to stay. This is my choice to still be Bri. Not Momma, not a wife to Daddy, not a daughter to Papa and CC,  not a sister to Uncle Wil. Just Bri. I feel as if sometimes as girls/women we are too caught up in looking a certain way or being a certain person for our significant other. We try to become something for the group of women we want to be around. We make decisions off of our parents advice. This decision for me to go to work every day is mine.  I pray you are never forced into a situation that you would choose otherwise. I pray your right to be who you are and who you want to be is always there. 

4) I have worked hard for my education & to be in this career. I pray this gives you the example to be a strong independent woman. I pray you value your education, you seek it out and you never stop learning.

5) Being a working mom doesn't make me smarter, better or more successful than stay-at-home moms. Stay-at-home moms don't love their babies more than working moms either. I pray you understand every mom, baby girl, family, woman, and child are different, unique. None are greater and none are less than us. 

I hope someday when you read this you can see my heart. You will know I want to best of both worlds. I hope all of your life you get to have your cake and eat it too! 

Love you,

Momma



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Bri. This is so great. I get so frustrated at the judgment that women face, whether they stay at home or go back to work, whatever it is, people are judgmental and that's not fair at all. It is a personal decision and one that every woman has to make for her own family!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete