Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Perception

Perception is a funny thing. It means so many different things to an individual person. There's a whole new level of perception I am reaching through pregnancy.

I'm understanding more that my depth perception is way off. Not only do I run into absolutely every thing, I also tried to slide in between things. I even sometimes suck in to get through. Funny right? Yeah, it doesn't really work. I genuinely think I'm skinnier than I really am. I also perceive this when I put clothes on that I purchased a few months ago. I think I'm skinny enough to fit into them & then BOOM I look in the mirror. Yikes, that's really how I look? Some days I get to work feeling pretty chipper & people ask if I feel okay or if I'm "makin it". I don't get it until, I look in the mirror & realized I forgot lipstick & I wore non-waterproof mascara. This usually warrants a trip to my friends desk to ask why she let me look like that all day.

On the other side of perception, people seem to perceive every pregnant woman is okay with you making comments about the size of her belly, touching her belly or giving her all your maternal advice on a short elevator ride. Now, not to say I don't appreciate the advice, kind words you say when you rub my belly, but its not my fav.

Another perception is what I had before pregnancy...really a few months ago. Things like breast feeding. I knew that it was good, but it felt bizarre to me. Now, I'm so happy that this bond will be made between my angel & I. A bond that only she & I can have. I perceived myself as nowhere close, not even in the same zip code to being ready to be a Momma. Now I am, I'm excited , I'm ready, I'm anxious, I'm pumped, I'm waiting.

The last perception is how you perceive the wait. I'm going with Francesca Batestelli. "I've got a front row seat to the longest wait"

1 comment:

  1. You will be the best mother ever! So excited for you!

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete