Sunday, September 22, 2013

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

So this week marked a few firsts.
1) the first time Hibdon and I stayed away from Bells.
2) the first time I stayed away from Bells on my own.
3) Bells' first ear infection

Rough week, huh?

Well, it's not all bad, but I did repeat a few sayings to myself on more than 19 occasions. "God won't bring me to something he can't get me through" "God didn't give me a spirit of fear, but of strength".

This weekend Hibdon and I took a day all to ourselves to enjoy each others company. We kind of missed an anniversary celebration due to work schedules. So my ABJ stayed with Hon and GPa while we drove to OKC. We started out with plans, but nixed them all when we stumbled upon a beautiful Oklahoma vineyard. We spent our morning there and then just enjoyed things around our hotel. This would be instance #1 of staying away from my baby. I'd say I did ok and tried my best not to drive GPa & Hon crazy with the check ins. Hon of course had a photo shoot. They claim AnnaBella is the best baby and slept really well. 
Gorgeous Greenfield Vineyard, we sipped wine, soaked up the view and listened to football.
Our little football babe on her pic session

Showing off her cute shoes Hon bought her.

So, the weekend went pretty great and then Monday hit with a bang...ear infection.  Poor Bells, she wasn't fussy, just not herself. Then I get a text from her teacher saying she was starting to have green mucus. Yucko! Thankfully Dr. C was readily available in the office. He worked her right in and we started the antibiotics. We were determined to kill those nasty infectious bugs. 

Well, Tuesday hit and I was feeling pretty crappy. I also had to leave my sweeties for Houston. No bueno. I will say Hibdon handled it like a pro. I openly admit I was a little worried he would get overwhelmed. Nope, not my guy. He didn't really solicit help. Just GPa picking her up one day that Hibdon couldn't get to school on time. He did good, very good. 

I held it together the best I could. I missed them both pretty bad, shed a few tears and used as much FaceTime as possible. When I flew home Thursday I went to see Dr. C. I had my first adult ear infection, a sinus infection and a fever. I must say, that did not help my broken heart either. I had my turn on the antibiotics. I did start feeling better fast, mainly because I could get some baby TLC. 

We spent the weekend recooporating and loving on each other. We survived. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for making it through that week! And thank you for the "spirit of strength" reminder! Lastly--she is precious and that winery looks amazing!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete