Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beat the cold

After 7 full days, 1 bottle of Vicks, 1 bottle of saline solution, 1 nose sucker, 2 humidifiers, and one rock & play we have beat our first cold.

That nasty, mean, rotten, good for nothing cold entered into the Hibdon house. It rocked my baby girls world, broke this Mommas heart and wore her Daddy down. 

We ate as upright as possible, walked MILES in our house, paced the same track over and over, took several warm bathes a day, bounced and walked, sang and walked, swayed and walked, hummed and walked, we used the paci, we threw the paci, we rubbed our little eyes until they were red, we were as pitiful as they come. 

We survived though. AB still has a little congestion, but she is back to being my sweet little princess. She's giggling again, she's playing all the time & she doesn't need to be held/walked all over the house every second of the day. 

Things I am ready for now:
1) I want her to be able to tell me what's wrong.
2) I want her to be old enough for a decongestant.
3) I want her to be old enough for mass amounts of vitamin C

And for the love I want her to be able to blow her nose.

Hopefully we are out of the woods with this cold and we are building that little immunity day by day. 

1 comment:

  1. Bless her little heart! So glad that she's feeling better!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete