Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dance Parties & American Idol

Dear AnnaBella,

This is my dearest apology to you. First, I would like to apologize for not giving you one ounce of musical talent. Second, I would like to apologize for the singing you are forced to endure.

Recently, I've read that this is the time your hearing is most developed. Books suggest to talk to you as often as possible & your Daddy should start conversations as well. Daddy & I do this often. I hope this helps you recognize our voices quickly.

Unfortunately, for you this also means singing in the car. Daddy & Momma have been in the car a lot lately. Some trips are even long. These trips mean Daddy & Momma pretend to be on American Idol & sing every word to every song that's on the radio. We sing very loudly. We can't carry a tune. I for one am tone deaf...like legit tone deafness. Daddy (don't you dare tell him I said this) thinks he's George Straight, but he's nowhere close to that. So you are forced to here us sing are little hearts out.

Another fun time killer are the dance parties along with the singing. Especially if the songs are from junior high-high school era. I think you might like these parties though. For the most part, just about three times a day, I swear you have your own dance party. I'm sure you have mad skills. Momma likes to dance, she makes Daddy join in. If it's country we will two-step the night away & I don't even have to beg Daddy to dance.

We can be pretty silly, I hope you don't mind! We will more than likely embarrass you many, many times. I say just go with it :)

Love you Baby Girl,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment