Saturday, February 16, 2013

Who Needs Boring Babies?

I've been praying & praying for my little girl. The normal praying & the abnormal praying. You know, please be healthy, no complications. I've also prayed that she will feel loved & all her needs will be met.

Then I've prayed selfish prayers. For instances, please let my baby sleep through the night at a very early age. Please let my baby be the one baby that requires 8 hours of sleep a night. Please let my baby like every healthy food. Please help my baby quickly understand appropriate behavior & noise levels in public. Please let my baby be happy with a good book & not like loud annoying toys. The list goes on and on....and on and on. Oh I've prayed into the teen years. I'm having a girl for crying out loud.

Then I stop, I'm still & I listen to God. With his peaceful humor he reminds me that I'm praying for a boring child.

My nephew is a wild, sometimes loud, truck lovin', 1000% all boy. He didn't sleep through the night very well at all. He's too busy to take too many public places without getting bored. He does however like to find the cutest girl sitting around us & start flirting. He's seriously hilarious. Whenever I think about this little man I'm so in awe of his personality. I'm so in love with who he is becoming. I imagine this silly, crazy, no fear little boy will be the center of most everyone's attention.

So I'll take the not so fun things & learn to love what they become. Ill be happy to see my little girl's personality grow.

But can I still pray for a baby that loves sleep as much as I do? Pretty please!

2 comments:

  1. As the mamma of that very non-boring wild man, I know he loves his Aunt B very much and is always excited to see her! He's is a lucky little guy to have such a great aunt!

    Aub

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this....you know that whether you have a prim, proper quiet baby or a loud mouth crazy child (which I'm rooting for....) she is going to be precious! But I do hope she sleeps through the night!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete