Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just one little snow day...please

Today we were forecasted to have a blizzard 8-12" of snow. I got so excited. Why? I brought my laptop home. Our fridge is stocked with these easy food & things to bake with. I had envisioned Hibdon & I sleeping in & making a huge breakfast, watching a few movies, baking some treats, taking a nap, and repeating all of the above. Mother Nature disappointed me.

We didn't get as much as they predicted and the roads are fine. We did get a delayed start to work, but I can't sleep in. I guess my vision of a snow day may have been too close to the college life. Hibdon's idea of stocking up is getting tons of food from Taco Bell. He also gets plenty of refreshments. Then we cozy down in one of the 50 couches in his living room & Speedy controls the movie selection via Netflicks on his Xbox. Oh those were the days. I guess I should be thankful for my 9:30 opening, dress myself warm "just in case" and prepare for a work day. It's not as much fun driving in the almost bad road conditions as a pregnant woman. I get the pregnant crazies. You know being extra cautious, going super slow & yelling at the crazy drivers passing all of us polite drivers.

I guess grown ups don't really get snow days.

No comments:

Post a Comment