Sunday, February 3, 2013

Just a few days off

Dear ABJ,

I want you to know I am anxiously awaiting your arrival, but I'm also thinking of the dramatic decrease in your Daddy's attention I will be getting. I know we will both be very focused on you & less on each other. We talk & pray about keeping our relationship first. I know we will be just fine, but this past week I wanted to soak up a little extra time.

Daddy & I spent some of our vacation time. We made a very big promise to not go anywhere, make big plans or have any days that were too busy. We just wanted some us time. It's been wonderful. I have loved every minute. Now we both can say no big plans, but we didn't say no plans in general.

Thursday night we went to OKC to watch our beloved Thunder play. We had a blast & enjoyed our long car ride conversations. Your Daddy always has a brilliant idea or venture he wants to tackle. It's so cute to see his excitement.

Friday- We spent a few hours looking at houses with our realtor. This was very exciting & special for Momma. Our realtor is Austin Gann, who has been a very close friend of mine since birth. Our parents were friends in high school. To this day his Daddy still calls me BB. Looking at houses was much different than the last time we purchased a home. This time it was focused around you. How far will the nursery be from the master? Are there kids in the neighborhood? What's the back yard look like? Which elementary school is this in? It really made me not love any of them. It made me feel like they were just not perfect for you. We will keep looking & praying.

We then celebrated Daddy's birthday with friends. Daddy's college buddy Kyle & Momma had a big scheme of planning dinner. Daddy had no idea Kyle was coming. He was so surprised & very thankful to have all of his friends there. Momma loves surprising Daddy! This is something we will do as much as possible. We will try to plan the perfect gifts or parties for Daddy. Let me tell you, his excitement is so fun to watch.

Saturday was filled with relaxing & lounging. Lots of snuggle time & movies....Finally what I had been waiting for!

Today was the Super Bowl, I really didn't care who won. Momma & Daddy are Peyton fans. So much so that, if you were a boy Daddy wanted to put the name Peyton on our list. I did however enjoy the family time with Aunt Aub, Uncle Shayne, Aunt Sara Beth & Uncle Speed. Per Daddy's request, Momma made her specialty & Daddy's very favorite Italian Cream Cake. He has been asking that this be his birthday cake for weeks now. Some day I will let you help me make this, but we must keep the amount of butter & powdered sugar a secret.

We spent the evening eating, watching football & playing with your cousin E. He finally said my name today! Finally! He said Adam & then B. I've been waiting to hear it for so long. I bet he says yours pretty quickly. I can imagine the two of you will be close buddies.

I have one more day off with Daddy. It's going to be the best one by far. It's his birthday & we have a doctors appointment. We get to see you. I'm so excited! Please be sure to show your pretty little face for me. Last time you didn't really cooperate & it bummed me out. Momma will use her one coffee beverage before we go in to give you some encouragement.

See you tomorrow Baby Girl!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! So sweet and darling! Speed and I are so excited to meet ABJ!

    ~Sara Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time hanging out on Sunday. We can't wait for ABJ to get here! I know her and Easton will be best buddies and he'll be her protector, just like a big brother.

    Aunt Aub

    ReplyDelete