Friday, January 11, 2013

21 weeks

Yesterday was our January appointment! 21 weeks, I know I am just over half way, but that means a lot. Being patient has never been a strength of mine. Whether its the thrill of meeting the little angel who will change my life or the anxiety of wanting this to all be complete (I don't do well with transition), I'm learning each day to trust God. I really have to ask myself..."What's the alternative, Bri?" I know it seems silly, but for control freaks like me, I need a reality check.

21 weeks has been great! I feel great. I weighed in & gained 13 lbs. I think that's normal. I'm trying to focus on healthy baby. My belly is so so so very tight. I hope this doesn't mean stretch marks. I lather palmers massage lotion on every morning & the night body butter every single night if stretch marks happen, it wasn't because I didn't try to prevent them. Thankfully, Big Brother has a machine in his office that can help with this. He owes me.

Our appointment was after a meeting with our financial advisor, Seth, who we just love. We made plans for AnnaBella. Reports were ran with her name. It's hard to not want her here when I see those things. It was a great meeting & our appointment was right on schedule. Dr. N got us in & out quickly. He's always is a great mood & kind of goofy. He makes the appointments fun. I had planned all day to use my 250mg of caffeine on that moment to have great pics of AnnaBella. She was moving & kicking like crazy when we were in the waiting room. I guess she finally found her comfy spot though.

By the time her image was on the screen she was breach. Just curled up in a little ball. Her feet & hands were blocking her pretty little face. Dr. N assured me there is absolutely no worry with her being breach right now. He looks at all her cute little bones, her organs & tried to get a face shot. He did study her brain for a little while, which he called perfect. Her cerebellum is very large, this controls her fine motor skills. Dr. N thought this would make her an outstanding athlete, Daddy was proud. I asked all my questions & we were on our way to a dinner date. I want to go back! I need more time. I want to spend hours with him showing me different parts of her. We keep just getting little tastes of her. I just want to gobble her up! Consume myself with her! Feb 5th is going to take FOREVER.


No comments:

Post a Comment