Monday, January 28, 2013

It all counts

Prior to pregnancy I was one of those take the stairs & walk the escalator kind of people. That was just my additional exercise for the day.

Well, let me tell you about this version of me. I try to work out most mornings before work. I like 30 minutes of cardio a day. Normally I would say that started when you got on the elliptical. Now, I'm not so dedicated.

Here's my defense. I'm too cheap to pay for close parking at work so I use the tunnel system. This was another "bonus" exercise of my prepreg life. Now I add that in. By the time I make the quarter mile hike, up one flight of stairs, carrying my lunch, purse, gym bag & sometimes laptop...in the snow, no shoes (just kidding). I'm out of breathe & at times perspiring before I get to my workout. Of course I show up right on time so there's not a catch my breathe kind of moment in between the walk & elliptical. So I count it. That's 10 minutes of extra cardio.

I also use my time doing laundry as squat time. No I don't necessarily work on my legs, I just skip stairs to make my stride longer & take less clothes up at one time, making more loads.

Look let's be real....I really, really want to be a cute pregnant girl with small booty & cute little bump. I however am McCauley from the waist up & McLaughlin from the waist down. What's that mean, a booty that's what that means. So, I can try my best at getting cardio, stair squats during laundry & a few yoga stretches here & there. Honestly, I'd count the long walk into Cherry Berry if I parked far enough away.

It all counts when your belly grows & grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment