Friday, January 11, 2013

Healthy Wife, Healthy Life...errr Kind of

So I started this post last week, got busy & pregnancy brain set in. I have been meaning to finish it, but now I have to add my sinful behavior. It's way less impressive now.

I started out with the post below.....
I have heard if Momma Ain't Happy Ain't Nobdoy Happy & Happy Wife, Happy Life. Then I recently read a blog that said "Healthy Wife, Healthy Life". I thought I bet you can create a healthy dinner time & maybe even lunch for your husband, but you can't make is life healthier. We all have to decide that for ourselves. While I still agree with this mentality, I have an additional perspective. Our pastor talks often about a little decision in life that make a big change. I have been making little decisions for my pregnancy health & including Hibdon. Not by force, but more by his laziness. For example, he would just not eat breakfast or lunch. Lately, I have been making both of us protein, spinach & fruit packed smoothies every morning. I also make batches of egg whites with spinach & green onion in a muffin tin. This is our morning snack. I try to prepare us both a healthy veggie & protein packed lunch. Lastly, dinners have always been wholesome, but sometimes we eat out or I deep fry something. I've focused more on cooking better.

I've been hitting the gym almost every day at lunch. There's an elliptical that is always free & 30-45 minutes of music or reading is spent while I work on my cardio. Hibdon has always been fit & trim, but recently started working out. So all these little food choices have led to exercise & feeling great. Feeling so healthy in my first pregnancy.

So here's what I need to add today....
Work has been so busy I have missed the gym this week, I feel exhausted & I'm in major need of some water. We ran out of almond milk & boost on Wednesday. So I haven't drank a boost in three days & a protein smoothie in two. Last night we ate at RL & stuffed ourselves miserable. Now I feel even more like poo. Hibdon even asked me where the smoothie stuff is yesterday. He said he needed his daily smoothie. I've got to go to the store!! I need to be healthy & so does Hibdon.

PS I ate a maple long john this morning. I'm so ashamed. I just really need to confess that sugar sin.

1 comment:

  1. Your sugar sin confession made me laugh out loud :) You are doing great at keeping yourself, baby AnnaBella and daddy all healthy. Just take it one day at a time. Start back up tomorrow and you will be back to feeling great in no time. You are allowed to cheat, so don't feel bad.

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete