Tuesday, January 1, 2013

God Shout Out on 2012

I had every intention of posting my 2012 blessings in 2012, but Jan. 1, 2013 is pretty close. Obviously 2012 was an incredible year with the news of ABJ. It's been a whirlwind and making the last quarter of 2012 zoom by.

In the past my NYE plans have been set for many, many weeks.  This year I was busy and flat out too tired to plan.  Thankfully, Sar-Bear and Kym had the bright idea of a fun night at the Hibdon Hotel.  I love that they wanted to come hang.  Neither of them have kiddos and are soon approaching "their day", they could easily see their last wild and crazy times nearing.  However, they love Hibdon and me...and they are probably just as lazy as we are. (Just kidding girls)

So the plans were set and the Hardin's arrived at our house, or what Brent refers to as the Hibdon Hotel. They came a day early for some extra fun time. We played games, made more food than imaginable and rang in the New Year with the ball drop, champagne/water toast, hats and horns.  After our 2013 kisses and hugs we started talking about our best memories, days, achievements, trips ...of 2012. Of course I had a top three: Baby AnnaBella, new job and finishing my Masters, yes all in the same year.  Really all in the same month...sort of. This had my mind rolling and Mindy's, Russell recap to how God was so good.  Every single year, month, week and day he is so good to us.  Of course I will forget good things, but month-by-month here is my God Shout Out for our 2012 blessings.

Thank you Lord for this life you have given us, Forgive us if we don't appreciate it enough.

NYE 2012

January-  We celebrated New Years Eve with friends, but it started with a family dinner at PF Changs with SIL, Shayne, E, Sar-Bear and Speedy. It was the perfect way to start our 2012.  This began the month of Easton's first sleepover with Uncle Adam and Aunt B.  Also, this month was fairly mild in Oklahoma, which gave Hibdon his happy ending to hunting season by dragging Maddy and me to the deer stand.  We were troopers, but not very quiet.  There may have been a reason he didn't see anything.
Hunting with Hibdon

E's first sleepover...we were tired
February- Started out just perfect.  Hibdon's bday apprached and there wasn't a snow storm in our forecast, but there sure was love predicted.  A proposal to be exact.  On Hibdon's bday we fooled Sar-Bear into thinking we were having a night on the town for Hibdon's bday, really Speedy was proposing. He did great, we all cheered, gave hugs and maybe shed a happy tear or two. Again, Hibdon is a lucky man our Valentine's Day date was spent in the suite at the Thunder game.  He should say an extra prayer that I love them as much as he does.
Excited for the Gaches'....I'll be ready to fit into that dress again
She was glowing!
Lots of hugs that night
 

JLT D&D
March- Is typically cold, cold, cold in Oklahoma, but this year was slightly warm.  We celebrated this warm weather by going to the lake and fishing as much as Hibdon wanted.  I started staying weekends with Mema and soaking up her precious time.  Lastly, we boogied down and raised loads of money at the Junior League Denim and Diamonds event.  The JLT girls know how to have fun, but we worked so hard earning that night!
Loving the weather

Right where he wants to be
April- We celebrated Easter with the family, got all sentimental at a wedding and I ran my first 5k with Sar-Bear and Trist.
Look at that little tail!
Momma and I Easter Sunday
First 5K!!
Tator time at the wedding
More fishing for Hib

Girls at BH Day
May-This was a big month, a fun month.  I walked in graduation, all of my classes were finished, but I had one hairy test to pass. I ran my second and third 5K.  We had a blast at Big Heart Day and did a little more fishing.

Birthday Boy
Bachelorette Party Fun
Hibdon and his beloved Jeep
June- E turned 1!!!! He's such a big boy and growing this personality that makes me fall so deep in love with that little guy.  The temps rose and Hibdon starting running with me.  He pushed me so much more than I realized I could go.  We ended the month with Sar-Bear's bachelorette party on Grand Lake and her bridal shower.  Hibdon was very excited at the end of this month.  He finally bought his Jeep.  His old Jeep Wrangler that he has talked about for years. He's so in love with that thing.

Rehearsal Time
July-Sar-Bear and Speedy tied the knot, we had a blast at their after party.  Again the temps just climbed, so we climbed right into the pool.  E loves the pool!

Year #2 Boy I miss that blond hair.
August- This month was a doosey! I passed my final exam, school is out FOREVER. I started my new job, that I love, love, love, love, love. Hibdon and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary.  We also followed it up with the annual pictures at the spot he proposed at.

Arkansas vs. Rutgers
September- The best month, we found out about AnnaBella! I was a hard secret to keep, but we kept it quiet for the most part.  I did tell Big Brother at the Arkansas game.


October-  It was slightly a blur.  I was avoiding most people to keep from slipping on the baby front.  I was feeling terrible and we were just flat out busy with life.  Hibdon  took a week to spend in the woods and then his annual fishing trip with Gpa.  I think he rather enjoyed himself.  I did celebrate another year of getting older. We don't have to worry about that though.

FB announcement
November-The cat's out of the bag! Everyone heard the news about Baby H and we were relieved.  We also found out that Baby H was a girl.  We enjoyed Thanksgiving in our usual locations, but I was still suffering from the morning sickness.

December- Christmas time with Christmas blessings and no morning sickness! I ate, oh boy did I eat.







This year has been fun, busy and perfect.  I can't believe next year is the year in which I will say at every doctors appointment and fill in every blank.  This will be the year I use for the rest of my life. The year of my AnnaBella. Bring it on 2013, we are sooooo ready for you!





















































1 comment:

  1. Love the year end review! What an exciting 2013 you have ahead of you :)

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete