Friday, December 28, 2012

Half Way There

Monday marks the half way point of my pregnancy..... HOLY CRAP
My princess will be here soon.  She will be sweet, beautiful, this little angel to change our lives. She will also probably wake us up in the middle of the night, cry when we are exhausted, poop all over the place, and still manage to have us wrapped around her little finger. If I could go to day one of my pregnancy and tell myself a few things that could make it easier or less stressful, I would.  I've compiled the below list for me to remember at the next pregnancy. Let's face it, if I wait until the end I won't remember half of these tips. I barely remember if I put conditioner in my hair as it is.

1) You are pregnant. It's God's design not yours. Get over it and move on. No, it's not your body. It's all going to change. Pull up your big girl panties. Turn the page. Dry your eyes, Cowgirls don't cry. Stop freaking out.
2) Lance Peanut Butter Cheese Crackers, buy in bulk.  Keep these in your purse, desk at work, night stand, console and pantry.
3) Know where your nearest toilet or trash can is at all times, you did pretty good with this.
4) Drink more water, even when you think you have drank enough, drink more. You thought you were a water drinker before.  You don't even compare to the water you need now.
5) Chocolate Boost will be the only thing you can keep down at times. Probably the best source of calcium you will get as well.
6) Start your spinach smoothies earlier, they are good for your and taste surprisingly delicious. I don't know what you were avoiding.
7) Potty breaks should be taken every hour on the hour. Make sure you go before you leave and as soon as you get there. Girl, there's no holding it.
8) Why did you stop running in the first trimester? Walking the dog was not enough exercise. Thankfully you found the elliptical at the beginning of the second trimester.
9) You need your sleep.  The first trimester you will only sleep.  Stop feeling guilty for that. Enjoy it. It's the only time you are allowed to be lazy, it's medically necessary.
10) Don't buy pants two sizes too big, they still don't fit you. That's was dumb.  Use the rubber band trick, even if you don't feel "put together". Or break down and buy maternity pants.
11) Bangs- they are really cute on you, but your hair grows too fast.  Getting them trimmed every week is not worth it. Try the swoopy kind, maybe those will last.
12) Find a prescription prenatal that is one pill and you like taking. The two pills at night are not fun.

Surely this will get me through next time. I can't remember much more.  I can't really remember if I actually bought the OJ at the store and left it yesterday or just never put it in my cart.  I don't think there are any tips and tricks for pregnancy brain.

Half way there.  Can't believe it. Baby H will be here before we know it.  I've gained 8 lbs.  I read up on it and this is the lower end of normal. I am okay with it, as long as it's normal. All of my blood tests have came back with normal reports. Thyroid is doing good. My hair is growing like crazy and my nails are strong. No real significant cravings other than sugar, the good and bad kind.  The Hibdon's are just truckin' along.

1 comment:

  1. Cannot believe that you're halfway there. Cannot wait to meet Miss Annabella!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete