Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pregnant with Possibilites

I have this friend, Mrs. D.  She used to be a coworker of mine.  Since we have both traveled in different career directions we still keep in touch often.  Our lives are busy and getting phone time is limited.  On the few days she is traveling early in the morning she will call me and we talk as I drive to work.  It's a nice change of pace from the typical morning drive.

This morning was a Mrs. D kind of morning. We caught up on what's new. Hibdon's promotion, her work/life balance, pregnancy and her 4 kiddos. It was pretty general until she said, "I just wanted you to know  you have been on my heart, your pregnancy was something I've really been praying for".  It was slightly out of nowhere, but not out of the ordinary for a Mrs. D convo. When she said that, I got chills. Just last Thursday I had a high power hormone/anxiety moment.  I was sitting in the chair and felt AnnaBella move, as always I tell Hibdon to quickly come feel. Right after I had this major rush of claustrophobia.  My head was spinning and I honestly didn't know if I could carry this baby anymore, let alone until May.  I told Hibdon and he reassured me it was probably hormones and he's sure every woman feels that way at some point. I felt so guilty for the next two days, well still do a little, but Friday and Saturday were heavy.  Especially after the tragedy that stole so much joy in this country. I felt so guilty for wanting to rush the pregnancy.

Back to Mrs. D---- When she told me she had been praying for me, I blurted out how I felt the other day.  Now I have been reassured by Hibdon and my Momma, but Mrs. D provided clarity to me.  Of course she told me that won't be the last time I feel like that, but not to worry to pray.  She told me right now I am realizing more and more every day that this is not my body.  I could really convince myself that it was my body before the baby, controlling anything I didn't like.  Really I belong to God and pregnancy will never be something I can control.  We talked about how I can be a slight overachiever and blow through time lines, finish early, beat the expectations. Well, it doesn't work like that with pregnancy.  Having a baby is all in God's time. Just like getting pregnant is all in God's time.  I am learning all of this more and more each day.  Mrs. D talked to me about how not only is God preparing my heart for AnnaBella, but Hibdon's too.  To rush him wouldn't be fair, to Hibdon or AnnaBella. She deserves parents who are ready mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially, and more. Mrs. D also clued me in to something she learned with her hubs, it opens you into a new level of your relationship you didn't know was possible.

So as I became so comforted, encouraged and excited for God's perfect timing I realized Mrs. D was the best person to talk to.  I am so happy to have a growing little princess inside of me.  I hope she is comfortable, can feel my love and is getting every little thing she needs.  Mrs. D told me one last thing that I have been thinking about all day.  She said, "You are pregnant with possibilities". I'm just so excited at the possibilities that my sweet angel will provide. That just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brito, I am also a member of the over-achieving controlling club. Being a mother can bring out the worst in you in those areas. You will never need God more than when you become a mom. I have to hand my kids over daily. And God has given you insight and mom-vision that you don't even know you have yet. You will be amazing. You have such a beautiful heart. Annabella is a lucky little lady already.

    ReplyDelete