Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Name Game

Tonight Hibdon and I finally solidified the name of our little Princess. We have been talking about girls names from the first day we found out that we were expanding our family. The two names we were thinking of were Abigail and AnnaBella.  Hibdon's choice was Abigail and mine AnnaBella.  We would go back and forth on both names.  Finally, Hibdon asked me to look up the meaning of the names.

AnnaBella-  Beautiful Grace.  Special right? It's a pretty name and the meaning is even Grace. I melted.
Abigail- A father's joy. You have got to be kidding me! How do I compete with that? He likes a name that literally means HIS joy. Come on!

So I thought I had lost until I told Adam why I like AnnaBella.  My Granny's name is Anna Ruth.  She is so kind and caring. She has never met a stranger and has mothered/grandmothered about every kid in town.  There are kids that I call or have called my cousins that are not related to me. Only because my Granny treated them as her own.

My Momma who I love more than anything, her name is Claudia Ann. She is stronger than any woman I have ever met, gives more until she can give no longer, absolutely never judges and is incredibly intelligent.  She is always increasing her knowledge and providing new challenges for herself.

My Momma continued the "Ann" name by naming me Brianna.

Once Hibdon knew this he understood why I picked AnnaBella.  He was very concerned about what her nickname would be.  I am less concerned.  I think there no way to predict her nickname. 95% of my friends and family call me Bri, my best friend Tator and some high school friends call me Brito, Big Brother, Duke and Tommy still call me B.B. and Neel calls me B.  There's no way to predict that.  Still, Hibdon needed to figure it out.  So if we choose to shorten her name we will call her Ella, but I think AnnaBella will be used more frequently.

AnnaBella's middle name was a no brainer.  Jane.  AnnaBella's middle name will be after Hibdon's sweet Grandma Jane.  She is the most caring, giving, prayer warrior of a grandmother. She has cared for many kids in Barnsdall and devoted all her free time to Hibdon and SIL. Just for funsies I looked up Jane, it means God is gracious. Of course it does. We love her and couldn't imagine life without her.

AnnaBella Jane Hibdon will be the beautiful grace in our life that God will so graciously bless us with.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the Princess having a name!! Love it! :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teary. I am a sucker for sentimental names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name and meaning behind it! I'm so super excited to meet AnnaBella Jane Hibdon in person :)

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete