Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hello Second Trimester

Here I am almost 16 weeks of housing my little princess.  I have to say excited to be in my second trimester is an understatement. The first trimester flew by and PRAISE GOD for that. Hibdon and I discovered we were pregnant just before 5 weeks. I think I felt every first trimester symptom to extreme.  Okay, maybe I am exaggerating or maybe I am slightly weak, but goodness it was intense.

From 5 weeks I experienced ridiculous levels of exhaustion.  I typically can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, so magnifying this trait is not good.  Every day I would come home from work and fall asleep on the couch, Hibdon would wake me up for dinner and then I would go back to sleep.  The days I didn't fall asleep after work I was in bed by 7:30.  Hitting week 6 I started feeling the nauseous. It wasn't just morning sickness folks, it was allllll day sickness. Started early in the morning and left me going to bed feeling as if I could "get sick" at any moment.  Needless to say I moved a trash can to my side of the bed.  As a precautionary measure I knew where every trash can was, at all times.  I knew the steps to the restrooms at work. "Getting sick" was always on my mind.  Thank the good Lord that he gave Lance Company the vision to make cheese-peanut butter crackers. Saving Grace. Finally as week 9-10 approached my tummy started to feel a little more stable.  The headaches and dizziness picked up.  I felt like I was in the twilight zone most of the time. My pants started to get tight around my tummy and unfortunately acne appeared.  I looked like a chubby awkward thirteen year old girl.  Just add glasses and braces. I struggled to feel like myself. So I cried a little, okay at the drop of a hat.  Not at normal things either. Drew Brees broke Johnny Unitas record, I bawled like a baby.  Johnny's son wrote Drew a letter saying "records were meant to be broken", I lost it. Hibdon watched me more than the game. I am not a Saints nor Drew Brees fan, I'm a Peyton girl (always have been).  I still cheered and got choked up at every motion the offense made towards that record.

Finally, week 15 was here and so was Thanksgiving! Here I was started to feel better, staying up until the wee hours of 9 o'clock. Now I can eat a million calories and not feel guilty.  I would devour TT's stuffing, Neel's noodles, Grandma Jane's mushrooms and sinful potatoes and whatever delicious dessert Hon would find. Well, I thought wrong, I was still getting sick and the night before Thanksgiving was the worst. I didn't feel safe eating much at all on Thanksgiving.

Now that week 16 is here I am feeling like a million bucks. I have worked out every day this week. It was pretty short and sporadic before.  Now I am excited to make it to the gym.  I wake up early excited for work and go shopping after work. Man I feel good.  I can also feel my little princess moving around at times. My tummy will be flat on one side and round on another, she is moving like crazy. LOVE IT.







Last night I even had energy to "par-tay".  Hibdon and I met our fun friends for a work Christmas party at the country club. So fun and Baby H kept Momma feeling good.




No comments:

Post a Comment