Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Little AJ

When Hibdon and I first saw the news we only talked about girls names, but when we joked about Hibdon raising a girl he couldn't go there.  He would always say that's a little wrestler in there, Little Adam Jr. Which later was AJ.  He would always refer to the baby as Little AJ.

Turns out we right from the beginning and it was a girl.  Out of the two names we liked, we found a Little AJ.  AnnaBella Jane that is.  We had the opportunity to see our little sweet pea today. I am 17 weeks and lost weight...whoops. I'm chalking it up to the sickness last week. The doctor was great and gave me plenty of time to ask lots of questions.

He asked me a question that really resonated with me.  He said I am now able to have the quad blood screening to check if my child would have spina bifida, down syndrome or other genetic disorders.  He said I am at the stage to have these tests.  He also said he will only approve them after I answer one question.  He asked me if I get an abnormal test result does that mean something in wrong with my baby.  I quickly replied No. Without thinking I went with a positive outlook.  1) An abnormal result could be skewed now and provide "normalcy" later.  2) If the "worst case" scenario happens it will be a precious child that my God blessed me with.  I have never in my life be so at peace with the unknown. I want my baby to be healthy.  I don't want my child to need to deal with medications and a billion doctors appointments. I do believe that every child is such a blessing.  This is MY baby normal or abnormal she is MINE and I love her right now more than I could have ever dreamed. She is mine and I am hers.

After my quick no, Dr. N said "that's what I wanted to hear. If you said yes, I wouldn't agree to it."  So after yet another vile of blood taken, we have a test underway.

Miss AnnaBella was a little sleepy during her photo shoot today so all of the pictures are covering her face.  Here's the best one.  She's just perfect. I just stare and gush at my little Princess.















I belong to you, You belong to me
You're my Sweet Heart

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Bri! I was reading last week about the high percentage of people who have abortions if the baby has down syndrome and it just broke my heart. I love your attitude!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I can't wait to snuggle her. :)

    Tator

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ is so sweet and adorable! I can't wait to hold her! :)

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete