Sunday, December 9, 2012

Just a little TLC is all I needed.

Yesterday marked 72 hours of feeling like crap-ola. Not just a little cold, like (sorry for the graphics) puking my guts up. Here's how it began...

Nice dinner Wednesday night with Uncle Speed and Aunt Sar, stuffed myself like a tick. Then I stayed up later than normal, which had me excited to be apart of the real world again. When I got out of bed Thursday I was still miserably stuffed and felt awful.  I went to work and even emailed Aunt Sar and Tiffy to tell them how annoyed I was with those "eating for two people".  My appetite has picked up, but my stomach is still the same size and the one meal I "ate for two" I was punished for it. I was on my soapbox. Then Thursday morning turned into almost lunch and so did the chills and fever. I felt horrible, seriously it was worse than "morning sickness".  I told my boss my symptoms and she told me to go home. My boss and coworkers are slightly germaphobic. They all looked very concerned, but from afar.

So home I went, Hibdon was off that day and did the best care taking possible. I went straight to bed and we called the nurse. Just as sweet as she could be, told me to treat my symptoms. So, off to the store Hibdon went. He brought back a care package of powerade, chicken noodle soup, medicine and trashy magazines. Then he let Maddy pup snuggle me in bed. We slept all day and night, only waking up to up-chuck the fluids I had taken in. Friday I called the nurse again and this time she gave me a timeline, if I couldn't keep 7-Up down by 4:00 p.m. it was time to go to the hospital to get an IV. That did not sound like fun so I slowly sipped until a full can of 7-Up was down. Small victories.

CC came over Friday night and brought me a baked potato, that I was craving. I ate a little less than half. I also ate three pickles, I think the first time in my life I have wanted pickles for the pure nutritional value. She hung out with me until I went to bed. There is just something about your Momma being there when you are sick.  I'll never be too old for that, never.

Saturday I was sure I would feel back to normal.  Got ready for the day, packed a gym bag and went to work.  I was so excited to get into the office and catch-up.  I was wrong, I didn't last long and there was no way I could have made it to the gym.  Back home I went to find Hon, Grandma Jane and McKenna cleaning my house to a sparkle and making pot roast.  It was soooo nice to come home to that.  They sent me right to bed and let themselves out.  I started feeling better at the end of the night.  I can drink water and eat solid foods!! It's been a rough ride, but I think all the extra TLC I have been getting was just what the doctor ordered.  With my family if I could bottle that up and sell it on the black market, I'd be rolling in it.  They are pros at TLC.

This leaves me incredibly anxious to go to our next appointment on Tuesday.  It's been on the calendar for months and every week we near it I get excited, but with not eating for 48 hours I am nervous.  Say a little pray for Baby AnnaBella please.  The nurse reassured me that the baby gets all the nutrients she needs and then I get mine.  Which is why it takes a while to recover.  She's right I am sure, but I just need confirmation.  Plus with my recent inability to keep liquids down I haven't taken my thyroid pill or vitamins in a few days.  I keep telling myself there was a time pregnant women didn't know it wasn't okay to drink or smoke.  Surely, a few days of not pumping the extras into will be just fine.

Thank you Lord for being bigger than my little flu bug!


No comments:

Post a Comment