Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Blessings

This Christmas I really tried to take a mental picture of how wonderful it was.  I tried to hold in the blessings and cherish them.  I really wanted to savor the holiday, family time and remember the last Christmas before Hibdon and I become parents.  I did, I enjoyed, but my mind kept thinking to next year and my AnnaBella. All the family talks were about next year, this and next year, that. I guess we can't contain our excitement. I will savor this cold Christmas and remember it with warm blessings.

December 21st- Hibdon and I were cozy in the house, fire going and tree lit.  Maddy snugged up next to me. We spent some quality time together and then I notice a facial mask sticking out of my stocking.  Oh, P.S., Hibdon enjoys stuffing my stocking the first week of December.  It's the most self control I can ever muster to not peak. I did see the mask and thought of our upcoming date, my favorite date, the tradition he started our first Christmas seeing one another. So I causally informed Hibdon I would be using that, for beauty purposes.  I tried to get him to join in...men's skin could benefit as well. It was a no-go, but my face felt amazing!

December 22nd- Sar-Bear and I made the trip to OKC to get a last shop at the outlets in. We claimed we couldn't find what we wanted in Tulsa, but we really just needed and excuse for Kym time. We just love her. She met us, we had a ball. The Hardin's need to move closer.  We were back in Green Country by 3, just enough time for Hibdon and I to do our gift exchange and get pretty for our date night.

Date night was finally here, The Nutcracker.  I love this date night. Hibdon and I started dating one another in October, not too serious in December.  Instead of getting gifts he bought tickets to the Nutcracker and I bought a pretty dress to wear. This would mark the 5th Nutcracker Anniversary for us.  Hibdon isn't the biggest ballet fan, but he goes and enjoys himself for me.  Which makes me love him even more. So maybe I was a little late getting ready and the night forced me to say "You're right" three times. Those words taste awful coming out. I still loved the night. We had Flemings, the made it right on time.  Right after Hibdon had to drive like a manic to get there, we had to pay for parking in quarters because I forgot to grab cash and I about knocked over a 8 year old getting to the restroom. I spent the night seeing little girls with their Daddy's excited to see the ballerinas.  I thought of AnnaBella. I asked Adam if he was excited to do this with her. His reply, " This is our date Barbie Doll, I like it being us. Her Gpa can take her, that can be their special date. I want to save this for you." My reply, "You're right".

December 23rd- Church with Momma and Hibdon, then present time with Momma. Loved it, so did Maddy, she got a new bed. Oh to be a dog. The night consisted of Momma and I whipping up a million Christmas goodies with the new Kitchen Aide mixer Hibdon bought me. We made cinnamon rolls (PW style), Snickers cheesecake (my first ever), cupcakes, fudge, chex mix and tortilla roll ups. Mema always said, "the fastest way to a man's heart is through his belly".  I think Momma and I nailed it. This night I thought of AnnaBella in a little apron right in the middle of us helping. In due time.

December 24th- Off to Gpa and Hon's we had loads of E time.  He had a good practice Christmas, of opening presents before AnnaBella gets here. He's ready to help her next year.  Lots of card games. Hibdon won in Jubile, he didn't even have to play on his looks. Shayne and Hibdon beat SIL and I in Spades, a blind neal went bad. Loads of laugh until you cry moments, videos from the past, and new memories made.

December 25th- Up at 7 to a little man saying Choo Choo at his new train. Watched him open presents, ate a breakfast feast with Hon's special casseroles and visited family throughout Barnsdall.  Couldn't have made it better.

AnnaBella, I'm excited for all the Christmas blessings you will have coming your way. I hope you felt the warmth this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment