Sunday, November 11, 2012

Avocados and Tomatoes

I'm pregnant and I love food.... gee could you y'all have guessed that?  I haven't craved too many crazy things.  Baby H is just fueling my desire for the foods I tried to avoid to keep my girlish figure.  The urge to eat peach rings, gummy bears, cherry laffy taffies and snickers is so strong and deep.  I mean this urge blocks all clear thinking.  It eliminates the rational side of my brain. Last night I ran to the store for a "quick item" to complete dinner. I purchased peach rings, cherry laffy taffies and cherry blow pops. Hibdon didn't say a word, just gave a cute laugh. He's been pretty good about my cravings.

I will say something I have been craving that is very healthy has been tomatoes and avocados. Yesterday the weather was warm and windy, not really the comfort weather I have been wanting to have some tomato soup or a grilled cheese with avocados.  So today God sent me the perfect comfort weather.  Its 48 and raining, some are reporting sleet.  I LOVE IT.  I am snuggled up with my pup and a good movie.  I sure wish the Christmas movies were playing now.... Any way back to my comfort food.  Today I made the most delish panini.  Recipe below. 

Garlic and Herb bread
Sliced Tomato
Sliced Avocado
Fresh Spinach
Fresh Basil 
Cheese 
Dash of mayo
Grilled to perfection
Seriously finger-lickin good.  I'm about to have another one,  just thinking about its deliciousness. 

So craving was met.  THEN I get a text from Sar-Bear.  She said family night was at her house after church tonight.  Guess what she is making for Baby H's cravings!!! Guac, not just any guacamole... Aunt Sar-Bear's guacamole. She makes the absolute best guac. I plan to eat the entire bowl of guac.  I hope Hibdon doesn't plan on eating any.  I'll tell y'all her ingredients, but I don't have permission to reveal the entire recipe.  Plus, I don't think there is a recipe.  I think it's just one of those perfect recipes that she just knows the right amount. 

Roma tomatoes
Avocados
Cilantro
Jalapenos
White end of green onions
Juice from a lime
Juice from a lemon
Salt 
Pepper

She does a rough chop, it's almost a salsa and not your typical creamy guac.  Oh lord, Baby H is going to be happy flips in my belly.  Nothing makes a pregnant girl happy more than a craving met.   

1 comment:

  1. So glad baby H got to come over and enjoy food and family time. Also I love having an excuse to make my quac as I also love it!

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete