Friday, November 16, 2012

Keeping the MomJo

Yesterday I think I broke an ultimate pregnancy golden rule.  I have heard you aren't supposed to do anything dramatic with your hair.  You could regret it. Now you are pregnant with intensified emotions and don't like your hair. Well, I will say to these rule followers they don't have my stylist.

I love my stylist Christa! She does an AMAZING job.  I wish I could put her in my pocket and take her home with me.  I would look fabulous every day. Last night I went in for my "3 month check up" (ha) with Christa.  As I sat down, she asked the typical question.  "What are we going to do today".  I said, "The same thing as last time, but a little darker and maybe bangs." (I really like to be darker in the fall and light in the summer. I feel like my hair is my mood ring for the seasons.) In reality it was pretty close to the same as last time, but I look so different because of the bangs.  I now have blunt bangs across, haven't had these since I was very young. (I have been on the fence about blunt bangs for a few months now.  A girl I work with has the best blunt bangs. Every time we are in a meeting together I tell her how much I love them.  She has been encouraging me to take the leap.) Guess what!  I love it! I feel hot and sassy.  Hibdon loved it as well.  When I walked in the door without pause or hesitation he said "Wow babe your hair looks good!".  Which is obviously a great response, but for him it really is.  He loves it long and blonde. He also agreed the bangs were a good touch. What I love about Christa is months ago in the summer we went almost 100% light blonde and I loved it, new color and look still love it.  Plus when you are at the salon the girls are amazing and tell you how wonderful you look afterwards.  Girls love that.

So I went from Frumpy Monday and hating my over sized clothes and needing a reality check from Reg to new hair and a pop of fun. Also, on Monday (I am embarrassed to admit) a couple of ladies a work with asked another guy I work with if I was pregnant.  He knew I was, but didn't feel like it was his place to tell.  So he replied with "Why do you ask?".  They said, well she has that glow, you know she looks exhausted.  Seriously, I know I look exhausted, because I am.  Growing a fetus is tough work.  However, I can't let my MomJo suffer.  I need to shake it off and put my game face on.  Well, I'm ready and armored with a hot look. My new motto...  As my belly grows, I so does my MomJo.  Seriously ladies I will have preggy swag and I will love it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I'm super excited to see the bangs tonight! They sound fantabulous!! You go girl with your MomJo I love it!

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete