Saturday, November 3, 2012

Baseballs and Diamonds

Just a little background on the name of the blog and my story....

Baseballs and Diamonds was recommended by my sweet friend because my husband was a college baseball player.  Most of our dating years were spent with him playing ball, traveling to games, sitting in the cold rain, hot sun or snow at times (we live in Oklahoma).  My husband is the ultimate guys-guy, he loved playing ball (more than just the hard ball too) and he loooooves hunting and fishing. I did grow up in small town Oklahoma and I know how to shoot a gun and bait my own hook.  I also love to golf,  have a decent jump shot, and will get dirty for a slow pitch game. I just love the pretty things, like diamonds for example.  I love fashion, make-up and hair products that I never knew I needed.  I would rather save my spending budget on a spa day than eat out all month.  So when she sent the text of Baseballs and Diamonds, I thought "Man she's good".

While those are the basics of the Hibdons, we still have a little more info.  My husband who I affectionately refer to as My Big Strong Man, grew up in the same tiny town that I did.  Actually 3 out of 4 of our parents were raised in this tiny town.  I believe both of our Grandmothers graduated from the same school.  The sweet small town of Barnsdall.  I love that little place and all the memories it holds for me.  Anyway back to the Hibdons, we had crushes throughout school (he was two grades below and I was just too cool for that).  Life had its twists and turns for us.  We went off to college, I thought life would go a different route, praise God for the should've beens.  Finally my senior year at NSU,  Mr. Hibdon waltzed in to my life with his token Hibdon swagger.  There for fun and to teach me how to have it.  We spent the next two years in the best, most fun relationship in which I spent many of days watching that cute butt on the mound.

Fast forwarding to 2010- we had a magical wedding on the beaches of Cabo San Lucas and have continued our fun having relationship back in Oklahoma.  We have now been married for two years.  We had our little plan.  You know the 5 year plan.  The one that is set in stone, you make decisions around, pen to paper of a bucket list.  The plan you make with boxes to check off.  The one that should be complete before the you know what comes....the b-a-b-y.  Well, like  97592379283 type-A, over-achieving, control-freak planners you can imagine my surprise as I saw that word or that stick.  "Pregnant" There is was staring me in the face.  My cheeks were hot, my stomach turning and my throat closing. AHHH we still had things to check off. We weren't ready.  I took a deep breath, swallowed my tears and walked down the creaking steps of my house. Hibdon was sitting in the chair just enjoying his care free, stress free, baby free life. I told him the news and the flood gates opened. What did Hibdon do? He laughed, whole hearted, full belly laugh.  Kissed my forehead and pulled me into the chair. He said one sentence that I still feel in my heart, it's imprinted forever... "This is the best news". He talked me off my control-freak ledge and we kissed, hugged and laughed. Of course I took a few for my tests and then one at the doctor to be sure.

We have started down the path to parenthood.  We shall see what happens next.  I can tell you I'm moody, my once adored flat/muscular tummy is now round.  My beloved ghetto booty is gaining a new life.  Some days I feel like I am on an island and Hibdon doesn't understand and others I want to cry at the love I feel for him. I am experiencing all the not so pretty symptoms of pregnancy and respecting my mother and all mothers so much more. 

I can tell you I still think about the best news.  This little piece of Hibdon and me.  I have always said I wanted a girl first.  Now that I have Hibdon and this extra weight, I don't care.  If I had another boy like him in my life, I would be the luckiest girl around. (I'm allowed to be cheesy. It's my blog and I'm pregnant).

4 comments:

  1. Yay for your blog!! So excited about this and I am even more excited that I get to keep up on all things Baby H. I love your story on how you found it. So dang cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your blog!! I'm so excited you have this, now I can follow along with all things Baby Hibdon and feel like I'm actually there and not four hours away. So glad you chose the name, I think it's fitting :) LOVE your finding out story. So dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait to hold my baby niece... or nephew. Motherhood is the best and hardest job there is but I know you will make a great mamma! So excited and happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. I love it. Seriously, your husband is quite a keeper. Perfect response with the "this is the best news." So excited for you guys!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete