Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wrestler or Cheerleader?

Today we had our two week check up.  I have had closer appointments due to my thyroid, so now that I am approaching my second trimester I am on a regular schedule.  Today's appointment was a little special.  WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE HAVING!!!

This secret seems harder than keeping the pregnancy quiet.  We only have to keep it in for a week.  We are having a gender reveal party next week.  My Aunt TT offered to host it at her house.  We have invited family and friends to join in the celebration.

I am just beaming right now, I just can't believe I know what Baby H will be!!! Here's a play-by-play of the appointment.

We arrive 15 minutes early like good patients.  Then we sit for and hour.  After noon appointments work the best for us, so we were literally the last patients to be seen.  Ohhhmygosssh, that was the longest wait ever. Thankfully, my doctor is pretty goofy so he kept the mood light.  We get in the room and the nurse is taking my BP, which was great.  He pops in and says, "What's up Prego?" I'm a little tired by this time so I just gave a polite "Heeey".  Then he perked me up real quick.  He said, "Want to find out what we are having?" Best question a doctor could ever ask you.  So he got started, first we listened to the heart beat, he explained girls have faster rates than boys typically, but it's not really 100% accurate.  Then he did the regular 3D ultrasound and said "Welp let's start painting the room....." I'll leave the color he said out.  That's a fun secret Hibdon and I will keep for a week. Then he did the 4D, which is crazy at this stage, Baby H is two inches long and just perfect.  There was even a little shot in the 4D in which we could see Baby H's bicep, it was very defined. Just like his/her Momma. :)  The doctor pointed out Baby H's definition which made me do a belly laugh.  He gave a ton of pics and then put them on our flash drive.  So we can make copies for everyone.



I'm so excited to reveal.  Will E have a rough little boy to wrestle with or will he have to make a tomboy out of a sweet little blonde princess?  Will Bentyn have a practice partner in the wrestling room? Will Levi have a buddy to fish with?  OR will Jade have a friend to play barbies with?  Only a week away and we will find out!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! I can't believe you are making us wait a week! It's killing me already. I vote for a mat maid, but either way he/she will be perfect!

    Aub

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the gender is all I thought about last night after the party invite text! I'm glad it is Tuesday next week and not Friday. So excited and ready for the reveal. I am going to find something pink to wear to the party, but will love baby no matter the gender!! Baby H is going to be perfect girl or boy!

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. You seriously are making everyone wait a WEEK!?! What about if you live two states away? Can you get a sneak peak? Or can I be on the phone when the actual reveal happens??

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited for you and Adam! Anxious to hear what color he said to paint the room! =))
    Molly

    ReplyDelete