Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's A......

GIRL!!!!!

Little, pink, sweet, precious, perfect, adorable girl.  That's what I have in my belly right now.  She is growing and growing into MY daughter.  Just saying "my daughter", changes me a little inside.

I've ALWAYS wanted a little girl and I always thought I would have her first.  Having a big brother is great and I'm happy that I experienced that within my life, but there has been something that has made me want a little girl first.  Maybe it's the waiting to have the girl that I couldn't stand.  I'm not sure, but my heart could not be more full as it is right now.

I am very excited for the mother-daughter bonding and all things that come with a little girl. My momma and I are very close. We have always had a great relationship throughout my life.  I remember always wanting to be right next to her, a little scared to venture off.  Throughout high school, our relationship grew as I did.  Now as an adult she and I are still very close and most topics aren't off limits.  What I love about my Momma is she can share me.  She shares me with best friends, a mother-in-law and aunts.  She also shares me with my husband.  She respects our relationship and encourages me to make decisions that provide favor to my husband and I.  This in itself may be the very reason I am so excited for a daughter.

We found out on a Tuesday that we were having a littler girl, we sent mass texts to everyone that a gender reveal party was a week away.  This was such a big secret to keep and EVERYONE wanted to know. I was challenged and some tried trickery, but I did not fail.  Some predicted a girl.  My granny and Aunt TT said it only seemed natural.  They couldn't imagine a boy first.  Sar-Bear and Aub just had wishful thinking.

So, here I am driving to work with the amazing news.  I say my morning prayers and special little girl prayer.  Then I start thinking of having a girl and all that comes with it.  I panicked!! How do I raise her to be a strong independent woman and show her being vulnerable is okay? How do I teach her that her intelligence is her best asset, but keep her humble?  How do I show her that taking care of others is why God put us here, but keep her from getting walked on? How can I ensure that she will never be a mean girl, but not get hurt by them?  How do I show her that she can be better than any man that competes with her, but let her know she needs a mate? How do I keep her from being too boy crazy? How do I show her that she can learn to slide and rebound, but lady like manners are necessary? I was a little freaked.  I said an even bigger prayer and realized I am not alone.  I will pray daily for her and show her God's love.  I have a huge circle of women that are just....astounding women. They have accomplished more than I can describe.  Most importantly, she will have Hibdon.

He will be the most amazing example of the way a man should treat a woman. He will teach her how to love others without fear and give without flinching.  He will be an amazing Daddy and she will never be able to comprehend how lucky she is.

Hibdon had his freak out moment as well.  He's not really been around too much girl stuff.  Hon and Aub are tougher than any wrestler I have ever met.  He was a little concerned with what to do with a little girl.  Now, I can imagine he will squeeze his 6'2" legs under a table and play tea party if that's what she wants, but I tried to reassure him he could still do his favorite things. We live in small town Oklahoma, she will probably fish and play sports. He sent the most perfect reply that melted my heart and made it clear we are meant for this little girl.

Now that right there made me fall deeper in love with that blonde hair-blue eyed man.

Hibdon,

You will be an amazing Daddy.  You have this perfect ability to make be feel independent and taken care of,  strong and vulnerable, beautiful and sexy, supported and guided all at the exact same time.  You will do just fine.





No comments:

Post a Comment