Monday, November 5, 2012

SIL and Sar-Bear

I was raised with Big Brother.  He was great at protecting and teaching, but we didn't talk about boys, make-up, hair or fashion.  We didn't talk about feelings or people.  While our conversations have evolved there's still a difference between girl talk and Big Brother talk.  I love him dearly, but he just can't hang.  He can't hang because I have the best of the best.  I have my SIL and Sar-Bear.

I love them both more than words can describe.  They both seem to baby me, which I kind of like.  They are both the same age, love all the same things (including this ridiculous obsession with salt). So, I'm definitely different from them.  I have emotions, they are like rocks. They don't need men really, but I need Hibdon.  There's something about the two of them that makes me feel loved and right at home.  They keep me sane when I'm irrational, but they are the first one's to take my side.  Even SIL over her baby brother.  She almost always sees it my way.

Tonight as I am sitting here enjoying the delicious dinner that I finally had energy to cook, the door bell rings.  Slightly creepy because it's 7:30 and Hibdon is still at wrestling practice. Who is at my door? SIL and Sar-Bear, with a gift basket.  Just a pregnancy gift basket. This basket included the following: bath pillow, box of chocolate turtles, sparkling grape juice, candles, lotion, bubble bath, chap stick, Tylenol, slippers, soft socks, brownie mix and a very special painting from E.  E is my nephew who is too special to mention here.  He will need his own post.

This basket melted my heart. Like I said, they take care of me. Its like God knew I need two big sisters. He knew I would need SIL to tell me what medications are safe and which ones to stay away from.  He knew I would need her advice on how to handle Hibdon when he got out of hand.  He knew I would need Sar-Bear to ALWAYS be there, to be my roommate, cousin, best friend, running partner and encourager.  He knew I would need them.  Best of all because God knew I would need them in my life Baby H will never know what its like to be without an Aunt Aub or Aunt Sara Beth.  Baby H will be spoiled be their love, comforted by their hugs, rocked in their arms and many many stories will be read.  I just hope they don't give my kid salt.  Those girls are out of control.

I love them, a lot.

Here's the painting E made me.  This made the basket perfect. Pretty sure those are strokes from a pure genius baby.


4 comments:

  1. I love this. LOVE LOVE LOVE. That SIL and Sar-Bear are pretty special girls! :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the lucky one to have you in my life! You are so loved by me :) Uncle Speed Dog and Sar-Bear are so excited to meet baby Hibdon! I'm so happy for you I can't stop smiling!

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scored pretty well on both I'd say. Sweet sweet sweet .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky to have you in my and especially E's life! He loves his aunt B. Glad you are a part of the Hibdon family now.. PS-I'm enjoying some salt at this moment.

    -SIL

    ReplyDelete