Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Don't do that to yourself!

Yesterday I had an awful case of the Mondays.  I woke up late, well I chose to stay in my warm cozy bed longer than I should have.  Then the shower was just as comfortable, I stayed in there a little too long.  Which left me in a rush to throw clothes on.  I didn't make a wise decision in my frantic state. I chose my size too big dress slacks and over sized silk blouse. I looked and felt frumpy.  It was fine for the most part because I was very busy at my desk.  I didn't really see anyone.

I did have lunch with my sweet, kind, adorable friend Reg.  I LOVE her.  Reg has been in my life since she moved to Bdall roughly when I was in elementary school.  She moved with her mom and siblings to my childhood best friend's house, Duke.  Reg's mom and Duke's dad were a couple.  Duke went from an only child to 5 step siblings. Duke and I loved to hang out with Reg and her older sister Shel.  I only have Big Brother, so Reg was the older sister I never had.  She taught me much about fashion, at the time it was matching your Pepe shirt to the logo on the pocket of your Pepe jeans and ultra faded buffalo jeans.  She has always been great with advice and a heart bigger than Dallas.

So Reg and I had a lunch date and we chatted, chatted some more and then even more.  What I love about her is she gives genuine, honest compliments.  I was bundled in my coat, only my face showing and she told me I looked really pretty.  That makes a prego feel good.  As we were walking back to work I was telling her how frumpy I felt because of my wardrobe choice. She responded with the best comment, "Don't do that to yourself!" You can be hot with tight fitting clothes.  She knew what I needed to hear.

As I was thinking about this on the way home from work yesterday, I remembered the Gulianna and Bill episode I caught while folding laundry.  Gulianna was trying to find ways to keep her "MomJo" after the baby.  Between this and my conversation with Reg, I knew I couldn't do this to myself.  I have an adorable baby bump and my hair is healthy and strong (shout out to the vitamins).

So last night I prepped my outfit.  I woke up early with Hibdon and had plenty of time to get ready.  I even made a dish for our work Thanksgiving dinner and made a lunch for Hibdon. I wore my brown/black stripped sweater dress, favorite black tights, new brown boots and jewelry straight from Courthouse Designs. I also curled my hair and put it in a side pony. I was looking good and on top of my game.

I left on time, did a quick mirror check and dusted my shoulders off.  I did well today friends.  MomJo in tact.

2 comments:

  1. Love and by the way you could be wearing raggdy old cloths and you would look hot! You go girl knock em dead today :)

    ~Sar-Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally took your advice today and made myself get up, fix my hair, dress cute, and put on my fav perfume. After a crappy day at work yesterday, I needed it! :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete